Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Trip....

To the ER and the DR....

Gah things have been so busy around here!! Saturday we had an awesome yardsale. My sisters and some friends came over with their stuff and we set up shop around 6am and stayed out in the AZ sun until about noon!! You know I was tired after that, we made about 100 bucks, which considering it was all stuff I wanted to part with anyways that wasn't so bad! Anyhoo, Kash was running in the driveway and got in a fight with the pavement--- the pavement won, he was banged up on his face pretty bad but was pretty tough about it really. So the next morning on the way to church he starts coughing a little and PJ and I think, hmm maybe we should take him to Nani & Papi's so that he won't get any kids sick in case he is coming down with something. Off we go, once we got there he had fallen asleep and I could see him breathing really hard for air...like his ribs were really sucking in and out. We tried to wake him up and it took a lot more than usuall to get him stirring. Something about it just struck the mom and me and off to the ER we went. 9 hours, 2 breathing treaments, a chest x-ray and 3 movies later we were released, with an inhaler and orders to follow up with his pediatrician. Kash was so brave, he did better than me and PJ really, we were like "I'm hungry, I'm cold, when is the Dr. coming".... and he pretty much played or watched movies the whole time. I was so proud of him and I really just thanked God for my healthy children, you really have nothing if you don't have your health. It got me thinking about all the parents out there whos' children are sick and are going through the hardest circumstances imaginable. It made me want to do something and so I've decided to do a 10k for cancer! I am so excited about this decision, I have been wanting to sign up for a race for a long time but never really just dove in, so I decided to race for cancer. My goal is to raise $1000.00 by November 14th and I am going to run my little heart out that day BECAUSE I CAN. Because I am healthy and my body is strong and my legs work!! Anyways I am really excited and I hope I can get a few other people to run with me too!! Husband you in?? Susan I know your in...Anyone??




Tuesday we had a follow up appointment with Kash's amazing Doctor and have an action plan as far as his breathing stuff goes. We are hoping it is just a reaction to an allergy that occured and are going to watch things closely to monitor the possibility of asthma. It was SO cute, Dr. Schultz said "Kash you did a great job today should we go get a sticker" and Kash looked down real serious like and spread out his fingers and said "no, no sticker"!! Bahaha, I guess that's how you know you live in AZ!! Poor thing gets poked, proded, shots and now sticker at the office. Don't worry, we fixed him with a handy manny sticker that he wore the rest of the day!




1 comment:

*Erica* said...

What a great thing that you are running the 10K...and it couldn't be for a better cause! On behalf of all those who have dealt with this horrible disease, THANK YOU! I hope you reach your goal! Good luck!

(And I'm glad Kash is going to be ok! That's so scary when the little ones are sick...I can't hardly stand it.)