Friday, May 22, 2009

"Potty Training"

I would like to update y'all (can I call you that even thought I don't live in the South?) on the potty training home front. Things are going well, as in well they are disastrous! I decided to start this past Monday, armed with my trusty kitchen timer, Sesame street step and toilet seat insert and books galore, "potty training" began. I set the timer in 30 minute increments, let Kash choose which spiderman undies (not panties I have learned from PJ...boys don't call them panties) to wear and was ready to take on the pee-pee, um head on?? I figured we would at least make friends with the potty mid-day.

Well friends, I was wrong....very wrong, he HATES his potty. He would rather play, sleep and eat all day carrying a hot steaming load of meatloaf in his pants than sit on the potty for 30 seconds. Still, we continued to go to the potty every 30 minutes and just try. Day 3, it wasn't so bad, he was actually okay with it, actually excited to read and play with mommy's undivided attention, the only thing is....he still went potty everywhere else but the potty! Rug-check, Couch- check, Next to potty, check, check.

PJ went to sit him on the potty day 4 and discovered that he had already gone elsewhere....."Kodi we have a situation here" is what he called to me from the bathroom....5 minutes after scouring the house I found the nice little nugget on the carpet in the office, by the bookcase...just in case you ever come to my house and want to avoid that area...actually it wasn't that bad, just like a giant tootsy roll waiting to be discovered.

Today was day 5, no timer, no potty and no surprises...maybe we'll try again when he's three or I am thirty...we'll see.

If you have any fantabulous ideas I am game, please tell me your secrets!

3 comments:

ARob said...

Tons for me to look forward to, eh? I am sure it will get easier! Good Luck!

Elizabeth said...

Hang in there! Just think - girls are easier to potty train than boys. Something to look forward to!!

Cloee's Mommy said...

He will do it when he is ready! Girls are easier than girls...so you won't have to do this twice. lol. Don't worry, all mom's have had poop on their carpet at one point :)