Sunday, March 8, 2009

People are like wine...better with age!

Thats what I keep telling myself anyways! 25 years ago at around 4:30pm a beautiful baby girl was born to Eddie and Marcia Benavidez. Marcia pushed Kodi Laine Benavidez into the world naturally all while Eddie swirled around her, a ussual tornado of energy and emotion! He was sure she was boy and even lost a bet in which the prize was his poor daughter, although in the end he chose to keep her. The video of this event shows my father with such high intensity of excitement it is humorous, he kept flipping his hat backwards, then frontwards, then backwards again, hands clapping, cheesecakes being promised in huge amounts to the staff and doctor from my sisters cheesecake shop; I think he even made skiing plans with the doctor. Meanwhile my gorgeous mom lies in the background probably a little annoyed but a little thankful for the distraction away from labor pain. I love this video and all the home videos thereafter, I love the youth in my parents faces, the pride they have in creating life, the love they show for each other with their simple glances and smiles. It makes me nastalgic for my childhood, I grew up in such a loving and safe home and I am so thankful to my parents for that. To this day I talk to my mom everyday and my dad every few days just because they are my best friends, they are truly wonderful, caring, giving people who make the world a better place to live. So yesterday, my birthday I just wanted a simple day with my family, my husband and my kids are the most important thing to me. I can only hope to give them the same type of loving memories and satisfaction of being loved and knowing it that my parents gave me. I can't believe that I am 25 years old, I feel 50 and 18 all it once and it is such a strange feeling to know that I have been around so long. But I will take it, I am happy to be alive everyday because someday I won't be, even now as I type this at 5 in the morning since I couldn't sleep since 3 when Kash woke up crying I am happy and thankful. For the messes and the tantrums, the singing and dancing and playing, the friendships and living that goes on under our roof.

It really is a great life! Here is to 26!

3 comments:

*Erica* said...

What a wonderful birthday post! We tend to think of ourselves on our birthday, not the relationship and such of the two people who created us. This is a beautiful "tribute" to your parents, I hope they get to read it and agree with me that they created a wonderful daughter. Happy Birthday to you, Darlin!

ARob said...

Hey Kodi-

I ran across your blog one day when I was wasting time away on Myspace. Since I am an obsessive blog-reader (I have like 100 on google reader) I have checked your blog a few times. Your post today was so sweet it brought tears to my eyes! I am glad to see you and your family are doing so well! I remember when you were just starting your relationship with your husband & it is great that you guys are still so happy!

Happy Birthday!

Hugs, Amanda

Jen said...

Happy Birthday!