Monday, January 19, 2009

Bribing children with sugar....

I headed out this morning on a mission. Still sporting my Victoria's Secret "PINK" sweats, a ponytail and shades I braved the grocery store on a mission. I headed straight for the sweets where I picked up a pound bag of skittles, that is right a pound of skittles. I then headed for the cold drink section where I picked up two giant cans of green teat, afterall the task ahead is daunting and you must be very brave in entering it. I whip out my club-member card, hand over the debit for a $5 visit and head home. Upon my arrival I empty the skittles into a pretty clear tupperware with a spout-top, for easy access. I call my boys in and announce to Kash..."Mommy will give you a yummy candy if you sit on the potty". I was unsure of what his reaction would be, my words hung in the air and then blew away as Kash dashed into the hall, crying towards his elmo potty. He purposfully turned his back to the potty, his face painted with sheer concentration as he slowly backed his bottom towards the seat...and then...HE SAT ON THE POTTY. This is no easy feat, he has never wanted to sit on the potty. Keeping up my end I handed him one orange skittle, he chewed, he sat and then stuck his hand out. "take off your diaper and sit on the potty if you want another candy" The words were out of my mouth before I realized what was happening. The diaper came off, he sat, the hand came out, another dirty bribe skittle handed off...

Potty Training has begun...

1 comment:

*Erica* said...

LOL Yay for bribes! I use them, too! I hope it all goes well!