Saturday, November 1, 2008

Ttitterteet...

Ttitterteet... means "trick or treat" in Kash language. This halloween has been my favorite one in years! The Arvizu family and Nani Sarah and Poppi Jeff joined us to trick-or-treat. Kash was finally old enough to walk from door to door and didn't need to be pushed around in a stroller the whole time wondering what we're doing. No, this year, it was like he was born to trick or treat, he was a trick or treating all-star, it was amazing and one of those moments in time that you wish you could bottle up and re-live over and over again. Aside from my becoming weepy eyed at the gorgeous site of my son growing up and trick-or-treating on his own, we were all cracking up at the intensity of Kash, the trick-or treater. From the first door he jumped right in, doorbell ringing, then knocking, repeatedly raising his pumpkin up the candy bowl and finally trying to repeat it all again. Poor Lola was a bit shy and most times I had to physically guide Kash back from the door to let her through. We were off, he was running from door to door, he wasn't scared at all and a few times I thought I might have to stop him from going in and hanging out! After a highly successful trip around the block, the kids were tired and I was starving so we headed back to the house to share pizza, salad and candy of course. Once home Kash had a blast handinng candy out to the kids, making sure to give each person a candy, he would methodically pick one candy drop in in a bag, go back to the bowl get the next piece and drop it in the next persons bag, good thing most of the kids were sweet and good sports. Then he went home with Nani and Popi without blinking or looking back at me and PJ, which made me a little sad and a little proud at the same time, it is so true, you never know what your parents went through (and this is the easy stuff) until you do it yourself.



Check out all the treats from Nani Sarah...you don't think he is loved do you? The peanuts characters are my favorite! We are missing Peppermint Patty but one of us will find her today!





My little monkey, how precious is this picture, I love this picture. Just so you know, Kash calls monkeys "eee-aaa's" because the noise "ooh ohh- ahh ahh" I make for them..


Enjoying a cupcake (on a different day) at play group...


My only pic of the shy princess Lola, Queen Katy and eee-aaa Kash



Charlie was so adorable in her bee costume, here she is peeking out from under our table.



Nani and Kash, post Hallow's Eve activities, lounging in his halloween night-nights and her in her full pumpkin glory. Take a look at the socks- each toe gets it's own color!



After Kash was on his way, we got dressed up in our costumes to go to our friend Lindsay's party. PJ was supposed to go as Bleaker, but my running shorts (even my preggo ones) were a little too um, revealing for his taste. So here he is as a hockey player, tooth missing and everything!


Here we are at Lindsay's, hockey player and Juno (I carried a sunny-d with me all night too). Lindsay and Brandon went all out for their party. There was a haunted house, complete with dead bodies, blood,spiders and scary things that pop out at you at every turn. I of course didn't think to snap any pics, but it was amazing!


From left to right, Batgirl (Lindsay), lame no costume :-) Alejandra, lame no costume Katy and me as Juno. How is the pregnant girl the only one not wearing slimming black??



Our group, Alex as "smart guy"?, batgirl, John & Ali, Katy and Noah the fed-ex man (a change from his normal everyday UPS gear) and me and Peej.


It was such a fun night! Nothing is better than getting to hang out with friends and family. Now I am just waiting to go get Kash, I miss him already and it is barely 8am! We have such a full weekend planned, I want to get so much painting and organizing and household improvement items done. I feel like the baby is going to be here much sooner than we are going to be prepared for so I want to try to get as much done as possible. Then Sunday we have church and two barbeques and hopefully this week will usher in some weather that is under the 90's. I really hope so. What did you guys do for Halloween? Any cute costume pics??







1 comment:

Liliana said...

Awe! I'm so glad you guys all had a good time! It was fun. I'll see what pictures I have of the haunting and send them to you too. (See! I do read your blog!) I showed it to my mom and she (of course) LOVES it-thinks it's fantastic and made me bookmark it for her. :) TTYS Kodilane! <3 Lindsay