Sunday, September 21, 2008

Weekend Shinanigans...

Hi Lovies, just a quick update of weekend shinanigans, sans pics, must remember to take more pics!! Esp so Kash has something to really look at and try to envision when he reads this when he is older! What a busy weekend. We had the in-laws or nani and poppi over for dinner Friday night and cooking for others is always just such a blast. The menu included, Fresh French bread and butter, grilled salmon and veggies a la PJ, California artichoke pasta in an almond-citris pesto, an arugula and orange salad with marmalade dressing and finally a creamy, chocolate puddin pie....a fab recipe from cooking light that I highly recommend. The crust, though hard to cut at first was so delicious, I should have just made crust ;-). Kerri, the bf and my neice and nephew ending up joing us too so that they could unload stuff for Sat's yardsale. That is right we did it, we had a yard sale Sat and cleared out a good amount of stuff, a whole crew joined us for production and wow I never realized how many people buy clothes and toys at yardsales, at one point it looked like we were running a swapmeet, it was packed! Needless to say we were exhausted afterwards but that didn't stop me from making Peej stick to his promise to take me to get some much needed maternity clothes...I am tired of sqeezing into my old clothes...no it is no longer um "cute", just uncomfortable. We rounded out the night by picking up pizza and wings, delish and a swimg for Kasharoo at Toys R' Us with the giftcard from Aunt Lindsay. When we got home I realized that our neighbors were having a party and (oops) we forgot, so we decided to go meet and greet the neighborhood, after PJ cut tile until 10pm at night a few weeks ago I felt like we had to redeem ourselves from title of "bad neightbor", hee hee. Everyone was so nice, I just love relaxed, chillaxed families, I felt right at home and am so happy to know everyone now, plus we found out there are twin girls across the street, with babysitting experience, woo hooo. Today we went on the usual walk, dropped my car off to get fixed :-( and I headed to Katy's while PJ and Noah got to go golfing all day long. Katy and I were adventerous and took all three children to the theater to see Igor.....a horrible $30 mistake. DO NOT SEE THIS MOVIE, it was creepy and demonic, little scary people chanted "kill kill kill" and I was scared for myself and everyone's minds. I don't believe in putting things like that into my head and so needless to say, though we had candy, popcorn, soda and three attentive children we were out of there after a few off glances at each other. I couldn't believe more parents hadn't walked out, it was that ridiculous and completely foul, ew. We filled the rest of the day with lunch, attempted naps, "swimming" and a few fabulous episodes of America's Next Top Model, good drama-filled crappy reality TV :-). I am now home, fed, with a clean kitchen, semi-clean house and a full week ahead of me. Time to go snuggle into bed with my books and hubby.

1 comment:

Mahisshi said...

You are blessed with such a cute baby!! He is so so cute! All the best with everything!!