Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Kash is 2!!

Kash had more of a birthday week than just a birthday. I can't believe he is already two! I feel like it was just yesterday (so cliche I know) that we were driving him home across town and I was so freaked out by all the bad drivers endangering my baby. Still feel that way, but now he no longer looks crushed by his car seat belts. We celebrated his real birthday August 31st with some homemade, whole-grain birthday pancakes, complete with the song and 2 candles...

Next, I decided to let him open the only gift we had on hand since his actual party was the next weekend. Uncle Ric, Aunt Kim, Cierra, Devin, Levi and Savannah, sent him this.....

Wow, no joke, I saw broken bones flash before my eyes when we opened it, but hey at least she sent a helmet and some knee pads....his cousins might have to work with him at Thanksgiving on actually skateboarding...From there we moved on to make birthday bbq snacks (7-layer dip), change into what I call church clothes and head over to Nani and Poppi's for a tri-birthday celebration for Kash, Lalo and Aunt Lee. This is how the trip started, Kash insisted on holding his balloon bouquet from Gramma Marcia.


....And this is how it ended. I just thought it was hilarious, he slept for the first 2 hours or so of the party and then...



He caught his second wind when he found out he had his awesome cousin Will to play with.




Yummy birthday cupcakes...

Silly Nani with his new hat and Daddy's old favorite stuffed bear, which he got back from cousin Will for his birthday.
Family Photo, Aunt Bridget, Cousin Jesse and soon to be bride, Erin :-)



Skipping ahead to the big birthday shi-bang, here is Lola and kash getting ready to blow out the candles on their Little Eintstein's cake....courtesy of prfessional cake make KB, hee hee ;-)
Some major princess action going on while opening gifts, love the tiara Lola.


Kash's favorite gift, so far this has come on walks, to Target, to the Grocery store and to bed.. PJ was very proud and we are so grateful to Uncle Ryan and Aunt Lisa!

Whew, that pretty much sums up the week. The party was awesome and both Lola and kash had a great time, they had so many gifts!! It was amazing, it was wonderful to share the special celebration with our best friends and family. I am off to bed for now, it is 8pm here (yes that is late and exhausted time for me) and my dad and PJ are still laying tile in the bathroom, looks like I am going to plant myself on the couch with a book and some icecream. I am hoping I get some miraculous surge of energy soon, the 2nd trimester is supposed to be the best, but I am so tired!! XOXO for now!










2 comments:

Cloee's Mommy said...

:) I'm sorry I couldn't be there, my friends got married in Vegas, I've been here for 9 days! I'm so happy that he had a good time...don't worry...I deal with tantrums on a daily basis with Cloee, so I'm with you on that one.....

Kodi Laine said...

Wowza, that long in Vegas? Tell me someone is watching Cloee for you ;-) Well try to come home in one piece and lets get them together when you do!! xoxo