Sunday, August 3, 2008

Hooray for August!

I have to admit I am thrilled that July is over and August has begun...that means it is closer to less than 100 degree weather and closer to actually being able to go outside without feeling like one might pass out. Among other things, August meant that I FINALLY got to see a doctor, I have not seen a dr. since 11 weeks (I am now in my 18th) and that according to most is bad, well at least boring. I want to know how things are going and on Friday Dr. Mainman...(yes that is my ob's name and he is a main-man in my life right now) confirmed that things are going swell, like my big belly. I am up 5 lbs from my pre-preggo weight which I guess is good and the heartbeat is strong and ...guess what...drumroll, I get to get a sonogram on the 20th of AUGUST and get a peek at the little guy or gal! Other than that it is business as ussual around here. Yesterday Ali and I went on a decorative-mission for the new house. We were pretty successful being as wel found furniture, carpet and my bathrooms sink and vanity and even squeezed in some lunch at a new world sports grill. The day ended with the husband meeting me at Costco to pick up the new sinks in my brother stake-bed truck, which gets more attention that anything wherever it goes, I really should take a picture because word would not describe this truck...like rickity, wood, old, flat?? and broken-yet-working, that was the best I could do! I was supposed to go up to Scottsdale for my fabulous friend Alicia's bachlorette but alas, my family has colds and ear infections which means mommy must be home. Today involved cleaming, making buttermilk corn bread for the bbq at my moms and picking out a present fro my neice. I ended up finding her a gift at the grocery store of all places, but it was so cute and i knew she would love it. The gift is a high-school musical lnch box, that is pick and looks like a purse, come on that is adowable!!! Plus to HSM folders, kids can't get enough of this stuff. So pretty soon we will head over to the moms for swimming, ribs and birthday cake and then tomorrow it is back to the same old. I am watching my sisters kids all weeks so it should be busy, I wish I knew what to do with them so they weren't bord...any suggestions?

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Ohhh so you are going to find out the sex this time! That's so exciting. I am glad you found a doctor. I am probably going to be down to AZ in thanksgiving time so I am excited to see you pregnant and see Kash. I haven't seen him since he was a baby!!

Elizabeth said...

Ohhh so you are going to find out the sex this time! That's so exciting. I am glad you found a doctor. I am probably going to be down to AZ in thanksgiving time so I am excited to see you pregnant and see Kash. I haven't seen him since he was a baby!!